Old December 2nd 04, 04:38 PM
dantesdead

Great! Thanks.

The 420 is in my price range. I just want to make sure of two things:

1) Does it matter what lens I use? I am using a Tamron 28-200.
2) Will I now be able to focus on people in low light without them knowing
it? That sounds like I am a stalker or something, but realy I just love
taking candids and need a camera set up that provides light for the shot,
but doesn't alert the subject that the shot is coming.

I really appreciate your help. There are so many choices out there and it
all gets so technical. I have barely enought time to take pictures, let
alone dive into all this information.

Oh, one other thing of minor importance, I also have a Canon G2. Will the
420 work with it?

Thanks again.

"Paul Bielec" wrote in message

"dantesdead" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Canon Rebel 2000 EOS with a Tamron 28-200 lens. The thing that
drives me nuts about the Canon is the auto focus/red eye "feature" that
blasts subjects with a strobe light in low light situations.

Apparently, a decent flash would stop this feature. I don't know. In low
light do people use manual focus? How can I get candid shots with auto

focus
in low light?

Regardless, I need a better flash than the one that pops up, standard
with
the camera.

Suggestions?

Thanks so much. This has been a serious annoyance for me for too long.

I have a Rebel 2000 as well (EOS 300) and a Digital Rebel.
I am about to buy the Speedlite 420ex.
The 220ex has a fixed head and I absolutely want a flash that can be
bounced
and swiveled.
On the other hand, the 580 is more that what I need.