Old December 27th 17, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

Default Weirdness of camera pricing

On 26/12/2017 2:16 @wiz, RichA wrote:
Olympus's E-M10III, a lesser camera than the E-M5II, is now $100.00 more expensive (in Canada) because of discounts on the E-M5II. This kind of price difference is the strange part of the camera world. Pentax's admittedly overpriced KP costs more than the vastly higher-spec'd K3II. Age of models is the key thing here. Though you don't see this happening much with Canon an Nikon and Sony has so many models that they all blur at the mid-end.

And that is why I've jumped off thios madness of constant upgrading.
My current digital camera is a EM5II and it will stay that way for a
looooong time!