Old July 22nd 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Default Ilford processing times (Pan F)

On 7/22/2010 11:39 AM Digitaltruth spake thus:

The Massive Dev Chart is more reliable than the published data sheets
released by manufacturers. Why? Because it incorporates the official
information that you will find in the manufacturer's data sheets, AND
it includes additional user submissions and amendments. I've spent 15
years collating and editing this data, which is a lot more time than
the manufacturers spend on it.

While some manufacturers, most notably Ilford and Fuji, provide
excellent data based on their own in-house analysis, many other
manufacturers are far less thorough. In fact, there are several
official data sheets currently being published which include data from
the Massive Dev Chart as the primary source, even though I doubt the
manufacturers have ever tested it themselves.

[snip]

Well, I for one very much appreciate, and have made much use of, your
Humungous Ginormous Dev Chart. My hat is off to you.

And as I pointed out in another post here, some of Ilford's own
documentation has obviously erroneous data: both the inside of the film
carton and the large Ilford Film Processing Chart that I have show
identical (and therefore obviously incorrect) times for ISO 25 & 50
times for three different developers for Pan F.

Your chart agrees perfectly with the Ilford PDF supplied elsewhere in
this thread, which appears to be correct.