Old July 22nd 10, 12:45 PM
IanG IanG is offline
Junior Member

The MDC is not as reliable as the Manufacturers own data because we don't know who or how the poster reached their figures.

Ilford's Data is here and a far better starting point.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...6115811391.pdf

Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Nebenzahl View Post
After my recent success with TMX, I dTHe MDC is unfortunately not elved into my freezerful of film
and pulled out a roll of Pan F I want to shoot. But I'm a bit mystified
by the enclosed processing instructions.

Was thinking of using D-76, and they have times for both this and ID-11
(same times, since the same developer, except that they list ID-11 at
1+1 but not D-76, though I assume I can also dilute it). But they show
the same times for both ISO 25 and 50 exposure. Can this be correct?
Other developers show different times for the two speeds.

They also show times for Perceptol, but not Microdol-X. Richard K., you
said these developers were equivalent: would you use the same times for
both of these? The Humumgous Massive Really Really Big Dev Chart
(http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php) shows different times for
these (9 min. for Perceptol vs 12 min. for Microdol; should I just use
their recommendations?