Old January 17th 10, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default Question: how dark is dark enough?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/12/2010 7:31 AM Jean-David Beyer spake thus:

My darkroom leaks somewhat under the door. But my darkroom is L shaped
and the door is at the far end, away from the enlarger and sink. I
cannot see the leak until I have accommodated for 5 minutes or so. I
have tested exposures of paper (not the "quarter test" but the one Kodak
specify), and I get no fogging of paper even with the safelights on.

So what exactly is the test that Kodak specifies? Googling finds no info
on this (but a lot of results about "quarter test"). And why is it
better than the quarter test?

I suppose I'll do a test when I finally fire up the darkroom again.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consu...Contents.shtml

^^-^^ 18:55:01 up 9 days, 20:50, 5 users, load average: 4.64, 4.72, 4.81