Old April 6th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default cameraz camera

Richard Herbert Johnson spake thus:

Bob Salomon wrote:

Cameraz made long roll portrait cameras that were used by school
photographers and were fairly common in some production portrait
studios. They have no application to large format photography. Most
used long roll 35mm or 70mm film.

I have the camera, I know what it was used for. The bellows is 5 3/4"
by 7 " . It can extend up to 10 inches from the focal plane. It has
potential to be anything I chose it to be. What are you , an armchair
photographer who doesn't know a screwdriver from a hack saw ? I am a man
of modest means trying to build something with what I have but I am not
stupid. I asked for information on the lens. You do know what a lens is
used for don't you ?

Bob may be a bit terse sometimes, but he knows what he's talking about.

Apparently yours is a medium-format camera, since it's made to take 120
(or thereabouts) roll film. Large format generally means 4x5 inches and
larger.

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)