Old November 21st 04, 05:47 PM
Thor Lancelot Simon

Dan Fromm wrote:

I appreciate that many Apo Artars and Apo Ronars, both dialyte types,
come to market and that some of my lenses are less common. Still and
all, it isn't safe to generalize about the category quite as broadly
as you did.

Nonetheless, the generalization that _does_ seem safe, to me at least
and I suspect to many others, is that for a lens of the same focal
length, a modern fast Plasmat is about as _large_ a lens as you're
going to get -- leaving older, lower-aperture lenses, especially f/9
or f/11 process lenses of any design, much smaller and lighter.

Earlier in this thread we had a comment about the size and weight of
a 1000mm Artar. This left me scratching my head wondering if the
person who wrote that had ever seen a 1000mm or even a 600mm "taking"
lens, whether a modern Plasmat or even an older Tessar type; either
is _much_, _much_ larger and heavier than a 1m Artar is.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
objects that he could think of, and had screamed: "You lamp! You towel! You