Old January 15th 18, 12:59 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Eco Clean

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

Plethora of like companies out there.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for all your advice, which is greatly appreciated. We will be
sinking these poles in the ground deeply to withstand ferocious winds out
here, and they must last for years outdoors.

Up to now, this has been a purely pragmatic question but I'd like to ask a
theoretical question of you since you brought up the topic vectoring, which
I know little about.

I fully *agree* with you that if people print *directly* to the final
medium, then vectoring is probably critical for smooth edges on the borders
and lines, but what about the fonts?

Q: Aren't true-type fonts supposed to fix that ragged-edge problem?

In a similar theoretical vein, how do I know if the "tiling" program
Posterazor (which works fast & doesn't ask for a dot size) is doing
vectoring or rasterizing?