Old August 16th 13, 10:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Nibbling on an Apple

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:57:52 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3156-4.html
throws some more light on the differences between the iPads 2 and 3.

Their alleged colour gamuts are such that I would not want either of
them for my monitor, not withstanding their high resolution.

Why would you even be considering any iPad as a primary
monitor/display? That is not their intended purpose.

Just making clear to nospam that with or without the retina display a
monitor with the qualities of the iPad would not satisfy my needs.

what do you have now and how does it compare to a retina ipad display?

Dell U2410M.

Color gamut is somewhat greater.
More constant Gamma of 2.2
It's calibrated.

anyway, the comparison to be made would be what you have now versus a
similar size retina display which doesn't exist yet because graphics
cards can't move that much data nor can the interconnects.

however, laptop retina displays do, and those who have them love them.

That's nice. I do admit they look nice.

Eric Stevens