Old August 8th 07, 07:31 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Bob Salomon

Default Circular Polarizers, A Filter You Need

In article ,
"Fat Sam" wrote:

How would I find out if a camera has a bean splitter?
Serious question with a genuine reason for asking, as I'm planning to
upgrade to a DSLR from my Fuji S5600 as soon as I have the pennies gathered
up.

The simplest way is to just ask tech support for the camera manufacturer
if the camera requires a circular polarizer. Or look at the
manufacturer's accessory catalog and see if they sell a linear or a
circular for it.

The last resort is that a circular polarizer works with all cameras that
it can attach to, analog or digital or video, and will work properly
under all lighting conditions.

If in doubt, and you want to make sure just buy the circular one. But
get a good one that is properly multi-coated on both sides.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.