Old July 21st 04, 08:49 PM
Nick Zentena

Default Film developing

Tina wrote:
O.k I"m very familiar with shooting 35mm film, ( I do B&W) developing,
making prints in my darkroom so I made a plunge and bought a Rolleiflex
camera medium format (dated 1955) and I got it today and the ASA only goes
up to 200 speed and I already ordered some 120 Ilford film at a speed of
400, now the question, how should I process it, I usually use D-76 and for

Do you mean the camera has a meter and it only goes to 200? If that's
what you mean I'm going out on a limb and claiming you can just ignore the
meter. Use a handheld meter. Or if you really want to use the built in
meter then set it at 200 and see what combination of F/stop and shutter
speed it wants you to use. Then either close the aperture one stop or change
the shutter one speed faster.

OTOH if the camera is some how coupled to the meter and you can't work
around it then I'd suggest just trying the first roll with no changes. You
really should test your setup to find out what your true film speed is.

Nick