Old November 18th 05, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Developing film pieces

The real problem is diffraction.

You need the largest size film you can get.

Dada wrote:
On 18 Nov 2005 06:49:47 -0800, "UC"
wrote:

But, what is the real problem? It is about the hole? Have I too drill
an very very small one? Or it is about the reaction the film, like the
grain that doesn't make a good image?
The problem is this: when I make pinhole with 35mm it is not very
clear, instead, when I use paper image is detailed, even if the camera
has moved a little. It is a matter of grain then?

Trying to use 35mm film to make a pinhole camera is rather difficult. I
strongly suggest using 4 x 5 film in a shoebox, properly sealed to keep
out light..

Dada wrote:
I am using 35mm films in small boxes, used as pinhole cameras, but I
have some trouble developing them. To do it I use a tank, and putting
every piece inside the spiral require a long time, but that is not the
biggest matter, the biggest one is that, sometimes, could happen that
two pieces of film overlap and the image is lost. Anyone of you that
has some experience with developing film pieces could help me?
Thanks a lot.