Old August 28th 05, 06:19 AM
Stacey

Jeremy Nixon wrote:

Stacey wrote:

You'll have to wait for a full frame camera to find out. Just look at the
examples from canon's wide zooms to see how poorly a digital FF sensor
can react to use with a "legacy" lens. At least the newer Nikon zooms are
being designed with a longer exit pupil distance so they at least have a
good chance of being FF friendly.

It would be interesting, once the 5D is here, given the poor example Canon
posted, a test with that Canon zoom compared to the Nikon 17-35 mounted on
the 5D via an adapter. I for one would love to see how much of the
problem
can be solved by the lens design.

I for 2 would like to see this done.. I'm tired of having to deal with film,
shooting with my mamiya 645 and would LOVE to see a system that would
replace it. From what I've seen so far, the 5D with canon optics aren't
going to do it.
--

Stacey