Old September 10th 04, 06:30 AM
Robert Vervoordt

On 9 Sep 2004 20:43:51 -0700, (John McGraw)
wrote:

Hi All
Recently I've noticed a few posts about Masking & Masking w/ Kodalith.
I seem to remember reading about Masking w/ heat-developed film. This
media was very fast to develop, didn't require drying, and seemed like
the way to go. Is it still available? Does anyone use it? Are there
any huge drawbacks to it? Or perhaps, better yet, lacking answers to
the above, could anyone direct me to an on or off line reference? I
spent ~ an hour Googling & didn't find anything
Thanks John

Yes, I had some finished samples back in film school. They were for
Microfilm and projection prints. There was at least one method for
controlling contrast and density. They were sensitive to ultraviolet,
and that was what was used to expose them. That may cause a problem
for color masking, but not likely to matter for monochrome.

I never got to use them, but remember the name,, Metro Kalvar.

That should give you a start.

Good hunting.

Robert Vervoordt, MFA