Old July 21st 12, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

On 2012-07-21 09:13:34 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-07-21 11:21 , tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:55:51 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

In that sense, the window frame should have been cropped out at the
time
the photo was composed. As is, it cannot be cropped without cutting
into the chair. (Maybe I'll try a content-aware edit in CS5).

That really isn't necessary:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/shwubema97m6dyo/Browne.jpg

I selected some lower boards with the rectangular marquee, copied,
pasted, and moved the pasted part up over window corner. I did a
little bit of cloning and blurring to make the new section blend in
and not repeat the pattern of the copied section. A repair made in
just a couple of minutes.

With content aware edition, this took less than 10 seconds from
opening the file, selecting the area and applying content-aware-editing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj51axzinp...6SMLCAEDIT.jpg

Original:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/143800474

It's clear that content aware editing is very complex - since it
failed to do a good job here on a simple task. ;-).

I'll play with it more later.

Content aware fill just gives you a starting point.
Now duplicat the layer and go to filters-."Vanishing Point". Mark out a
perspective area using the siding lines as a guide, the expand the area
by pulling the middle top handle up, and the middle left handle to the
let, both beyond the canvas.
Next use the in-filter clone tool (adjust size using "[" "]") to cover
the bad content aware fill. Once done close out the vanishing point
filter and touch up. The fix result will be better.
http://db.tt/vDJbBHAy

Pretty good. There's a slight mis-alignment.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.