Old January 16th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Download software

Roy G wrote:
"Ockham's Razor" wrote in message
"J. F. Cornwall" wrote:

No, I just used Zoombrowser this morning to download some shots from my
K100d's SD card (in a reader), no problems at all.

Will not read a Nikon formated SD card in a card reader.

Simple solution = Don't use Canon, or Nikon, or anyone else's crappy
software to download.

Just copy, or drag, to Hdd.

'Ceptin' onna Mac, using the Image Capture app has some advantages, one
being that if there are multiple folders, it puts all of the pix into
one, and it lets you download partials easily, etc.

For even more flexibility, I use Lightroom now to manage my off-card
imports. It'll divide up the contents by days, very useful in some
circumstances.

--
john mcwilliams