Old January 15th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Default Download software

Ockham's Razor wrote:
I am frustrated with the Nikon software for downloading from my camera
to the computer. The SW from Canon for my wife's P&S works great and I
can put the shots anywhere in our picture management files.

I have tried to use the Canon software via a card reader but it is not
recognized.

Graphic Convertor works but is slow as it seems to download all the
pictures first then gives you the option of which to keep and which to
discard.

Using Mac G-5 with OS X.3.9.

TIA

I'm surprised you like the canon software, most don't and I haven't even
loaded it on my current build. However, as I recall, zoombrowser will
read from a card reader so give it another try, that is unless they've
been so cruel as to only recognize a card that has the canon stuff on
it, but I find that hard to believe.
There's lots of good free stuff out there for organizing photos. Some
like picassa. Personally, I just use windows explorer with suitable
directory structure.
Dave Cohen