Old September 16th 04, 02:38 PM
Tim Kemp

"William Graham" wrote in message

[snipped stuff about not being able to see centre spot on an EOS-1]

I'm not familiar with your particular camera, but with my Nikon, the screen
is removable, so I could do several things. First, I could try buying a
different screen. (there are about 8 or 10 available) Second, I could paint
a spot. (black or white) at the center of the screen, and then replace it,
and see if that helped. Or, perhaps, stretch some crosshairs from corner to
corner on it......Since it is removable, and replaceable, I wouldn't be
afraid to screw with it, IOW. - If I ruined it, well, I could just buy
another one, and there would be no real harm done.....

Thanks for your reply.

It's definitely removable. I'll get off my arse and go to the dealer
and try some out. If that fails then your crosshair suggestion isn't
at all bad. Provided I could buy a backup (inexpensively) it should be
easy to score an "X" or other centre marking with a razor & straight
edge.

TK