Old September 15th 04, 09:15 PM
William Graham

"Tim Kemp" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a Canon EOS-1 I picked up used recently (first foray into AF).
It's working out great with a 50/1.4 prime lens and I'm very happy
with it, apart from one thing:

The AF sensor mark and the spot and partial metering circles on the
viewfinder screen are incredibly difficult to see. They're nearly
invisible unless viewing a very strongly lit, totally out of focus
scene. I do bit of low light shooting (concerts) and use slides
outside so I use spot metering regularly. I've tried drawing an
imaginary "X" between the four corners of the screen but it's very
hard to judge.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for an alternative screen with
better markings?

I know this is about 15 year old equipment. If there is a better forum
for this question please let me know and I'll ask there.

Thanks for your time.

Timothy

I'm not familiar with your particular camera, but with my Nikon, the screen
is removable, so I could do several things. First, I could try buying a
different screen. (there are about 8 or 10 available) Second, I could paint
a spot. (black or white) at the center of the screen, and then replace it,
and see if that helped. Or, perhaps, stretch some crosshairs from corner to
corner on it......Since it is removable, and replaceable, I wouldn't be
afraid to screw with it, IOW. - If I ruined it, well, I could just buy
another one, and there would be no real harm done.....