Old March 3rd 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
83LowRider

Default Any thoughts/comparisons on Canon SX1 and SX10

"Nick" wrote

snip

I've been very pleased with my SX10, tho I'm new to
digital cameras... I read reviews for many days before
opting for this particular camera. The only real critics
of the camera were those complaining about low
light shots. Wide angle, great zoom, and finally, the
video capabilities were the final selling point for me.
While not high def, the video is h264 format, making
for great video at considerably smaller size. Also, in
regards to video, most all cameras cut off automatically
after 8-12 minutes. The SX10 shuts off after 4gb, or 1 hour.
After filming a recent concert, it reached 4gb in 52 minutes.
Simply pushing the RECORD button, cranked it right back
up again. I recorded the 90 minute show, and have since
taken about 200 pictures, and still using the same 4
alkaline batteries. The loudness of the concert overpowered
the stereo mics, giving it too much 'boom', but the results
were overall very good. Shot from the uppermost balcony,
you can check out the video here.. (the camera pulled in much
closer than we could actually see ourselves, from the nosebleed
section. If you watch, click the HIGH QUALITY link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_qv...e=channel_page