Old April 19th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

Default IS

On 19 Apr 2007 01:20:58 -0700, wrote:

I have been enjoying my A640 for about 4 months now and no real
complaints. I take it with me everywhere. I did purchase a small
tripod to improve the odds of better shots. But I also have gotten
good shots while I'm driving along, snapping away.
I do plan on purchasing the extra add on lenses Canon offers for
this camera. Happy Snapping!

Congratulations on, umm, enjoying your A640. I have the
similar A620 and it's a very nice camera. The only quibble I have
with it is that I prefer using the viewfinder, but when the LCD is
closed I don't have the feeling of control that I do with a larger
P&S that provides lots of information in its EVF. But the smaller
A620 makes it much easier to remain inconspicuous than if I was
shooting with my larger cameras and I often take it with me for
situations or locations where I wouldn't take one of the larger
ones. I guess that for those such as us the title of the thread
could have been "IS Isn't". g