Old August 2nd 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
silverthreads

Default how do you resize photos

Since the operative word is photos, plural. Consider batch processing.
Whether you are using Arc Soft, or as I have used in the past Thumbs
Plus, or as I am using now Roxio Easy Media Creator, batch processing
will take a stack of files and convert them simutaneously. My wife uses
Arc Soft which came with her Canon camera. She has her camera set to
the highest resolution for archival purposes, but when she wanted to
e-mail me a stack of files of our grandson at the aquarium, the file
sizes were too large for my mailbox. Now she can batch process the
entire folder of files and reduce the entire folder of files to 640
pixels by 480 pixels store them in a seperate file and retain her high
resolution originals, send a whole mess of pictures of our
grandchildren and everybody's happy.
Converting a 4:3 aspect ratio image to a 2:3 aspect ratio 4" X 6" print
requires cropping the top and/or the bottom. Unclicking your maintain
proportions button (not recommended) results in disproportionate
subjects. Circles becomes elongated elipses, squares become rectangles
and your mother-in-laws tush becomes as wide as house, which you may or
may not be able to use to your advantage.
Another quick way to print, if you are using Windows XP, is to right
click on the file and click print.
Cassie wrote:
Hi' all.
Could someone please tell me how to resize photographs. My friend was sent a
few photos via email and they are all large raging from 576KB & some a bit
smaller but not much, and she asked me how to resize them. I'm not very
familiar with photos and I have only enlarged them in the past I think, it's
been a while since I did it. Also I am not very computer savvy just know a
little bit more than my friend. She didn't have any software so I downloaded
"Irfanview" on her computer and she wanted 6x4 inches but no matter what I
did I couldn't get 6x4inches it kept jumping back to a different number, I
managed to get 7x5 but not sure how I did it now. My friend has the starter
program of Adobe photo shop and found 6x4 but it would not print on her
Hewlett Packard. I had a practise on my computer with Grandview as I have a
photo in my pictures that is 576KB but I don't understand the pixel
measurements which is 1188x1848 for that size. I either ended up with a tiny
photo or a large one. I have Canon software as well but again the pixels and
cm have me confused, not sure what the equivalent is and even if I did it
jumps back to what it wants. I would appreciate any advice and sorry to
sound so dumb.
Regards,
Cassie