Old August 2nd 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

Default how do you resize photos

Cassie wrote:
Hi' all.
Could someone please tell me how to resize photographs. My friend was
sent a few photos via email and they are all large raging from 576KB
& some a bit smaller but not much, and she asked me how to resize
them. I'm not very familiar with photos and I have only enlarged them
in the past I think, it's been a while since I did it. Also I am not
very computer savvy just know a little bit more than my friend. She
didn't have any software so I downloaded "Irfanview" on her computer
and she wanted 6x4 inches but no matter what I did I couldn't get
6x4inches it kept jumping back to a different number, I managed to
get 7x5 but not sure how I did it now. My friend has the starter
program of Adobe photo shop and found 6x4 but it would not print on
her Hewlett Packard. I had a practise on my computer with Grandview
as I have a photo in my pictures that is 576KB but I don't understand
the pixel measurements which is 1188x1848 for that size. I either
ended up with a tiny photo or a large one. I have Canon software as
well but again the pixels and cm have me confused, not sure what the
equivalent is and even if I did it jumps back to what it wants. I
would appreciate any advice and sorry to sound so dumb.
Regards,
Cassie

Just Google for jpg resizer.exe aand let this little program do it for you.