Old August 2nd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cassie

Default how do you resize photos

Thanks Roy, I had a look at the link you posted, there is a lot of reading
but looks as though it may help I hope.
Many thanks,
Cassie.
"Roy G" wrote in message
news
"Cassie" wrote in message
news
Hi' all.
Could someone please tell me how to resize photographs. My friend was
sent a few photos via email and they are all large raging from 576KB &
some a bit smaller but not much, and she asked me how to resize them. I'm
not very familiar with photos and I have only enlarged them in the past I
think, it's been a while since I did it. Also I am not very computer
savvy just know a little bit more than my friend. She didn't have any
software so I downloaded "Irfanview" on her computer and she wanted 6x4
inches but no matter what I did I couldn't get 6x4inches it kept jumping
back to a different number, I managed to get 7x5 but not sure how I did
it now. My friend has the starter program of Adobe photo shop and found
6x4 but it would not print on her Hewlett Packard. I had a practise on
my computer with Grandview as I have a photo in my pictures that is 576KB
but I don't understand the pixel measurements which is 1188x1848 for
that size. I either ended up with a tiny photo or a large one. I have
Canon software as well but again the pixels and cm have me confused, not
sure what the equivalent is and even if I did it jumps back to what it
wants. I would appreciate any advice and sorry to sound so dumb.
Regards,
Cassie

Have a look at www.scantips.com Pixels and things are well explained
there, or try reading the Help Files in one of your Photo Programs.

This is easy, but writing a quick set of instructions for a photo program
I am not familiar with, would be rather difficult.

Roy G