Old July 18th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Default What should I buy D50 or Canon 350D

wrote in message
ups.com...
abbasam schreef:
I have been thinking of buying DSLR for some time now. I have narrowed
down
my search to two SLR that I like.
The Nikon D50 and the Canon 350D.
Which do you think I should go for and why?
What do you like or dislike about the camera, if you are a user?

I bought a Nikon D70s recently. Why? Because i wanted to keep my Nikon
lenses. If i wouldn't have had any lenses, chance is that i would have
bough a 350D. Maybe, maybe not ... personally, i don't care much about
bodies.

Until 2 months ago I was using an old Nikon body released in 1980! It
was so basic and so old and yet, i liked it and i liked a lot of the
pictures i made with it. Both the 350d and the D50/D70 are an
incredible technological leap for me.

The body's not so important. The lens is important and especially,
your talent to see great shots! :-)

-Kris

Thats makes no sense, especially considering the high cost of todays
D-SLR's, surely a sensible person would look at all of the available cameras
in their price range and try them to see if there was one that felt just
right, you will take far more photos with your digital than you ever did
with your film camera why wouldn't ergonomics be high on the wanted features
list. Considering you have to get out a pretty large magnifying glass to see
the difference in the end result they are all pretty equal. All the
manufacturers have a huge range of very good lenses so that is less of a
consideration unless you already have some lenses in a particular brand.