Old September 30th 19, 02:31 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
J. P. Gilliver (John)[_3_]

Default What is a decent freeware image watermarking GUI on Windows?

In message , . Arlen Holder
writes:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 04:39:43 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

Which freeware image watermarking app do you use on Windows?
o Why do you like that particular watermarker above the others?

I manually created an alphabetical list of our freeware watermarking options...

Who's this "our" - who are "we" here?

o Where the main question is which do you prefer, & why you prefer it?

[]
To avoid specification creep: what do you mean by/want from
watermarking? I presume you mean something more than putting "© 2019
Arlen Holder" in the corner, which most image-handling software can do;
I use IrfanView, for both adding in-image text (it has two ways), and
adding things to the various metadata fields (and Exifer for the ones
Irfan misses, but I haven't used it for ages). But I'm guessing you want
something different, such as steganography, or the almost-invisible
"leaf" symbols that Ancestry use.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Never. For me, there has to be a meaning. There's not much meaning in eating
bugs. - Darcey Bussell (on whether she'd appear on /I'm a Celebrity/), in RT
2015/11/28-12/4