Old November 28th 05, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

"wilt" writes:

Pardon my cynicism...sounds like the public being duped by all the cell
phone industry into spending money on camera phones that take inferior
quality images, and the only way to get the photos anywhere else (in
spite of the removeable memory) still is to send them at added cost to
someone else with a photo cell phone who can view.

My phone (Samsung Z500) produces standard JPEGs readable by any normal
software. The quality of the pictures is another matter entirely,
although it's sometimes better than no camera at all.

If I bought a phone, and discovered I couldn't read the image files,
I'd take it back and exchange for another model.

--
Måns Rullgård