Old November 22nd 04, 09:45 AM
David J Taylor

Michael wrote:
[]
Well, yes, Plastic can be Fantastic, and is the industry's material of
choice for their toy cameras.

If, however, you prefer a solid chunk of optically precise
electro-mechanical engineering, it just has to be encased in metal.

Sorry to hear of your incapacity, perhaps you could use some sort of
small trolley to allow you to move a real camera from place to place?
- is it your wrists?....

The metal cameras I carry weigh far less than 42oz - usually nearer 16oz.
Perhaps they use a better material? I was, quite frankly, amazed when I
saw the E20 quoted as 42oz (2.6lb). Is that perhaps a mistake?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse20/page2.asp

..

Can
you still buy SmartMedia cards?

Dunno - but since the E-20 takes Compct Flash/Microdrive, why lose
any sleep over the question

Oh, that's fine - no problems!

David