Old November 28th 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.art
David Ruether

Default First images with my infrared converted 350D

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message ...

I received my 350D back which was being converted to IR only shooting by LDP. My first shots with it are up at:
http://experimentaldigitalphotography.com/2006/11/27/first-light-with-my-350d-converted-to-ir-only/
or
http://tinyurl.com/yec2sf

Interesting images (I am curious why you chose such wide
stops with high shutter speeds, though...). BTW, Sony
removed a valuable feature from their later Mini-DV
cameras that offered "night shot" in the priggish belief
that people could use it as an "X-Ray" feature to see
through clothes. As a result, we can no longer shoot the
beautiful daylight IR in video that had been possible (see
http://www.ferrario.com/ruether/ir.htm for some sample
frame-grabs from the early Sony TRV-9). With many
camcorders the IR blocking filter can still be switched
out for IR "night vision" (using IR light sources), but
current Sony camcorders unfortunately force
overexposure in daylight.
--
David Ruether

http://www.ferrario.com/ruether