Old February 22nd 04, 01:23 AM
Richard Knoppow

Default Help! Newbie and developer/permawash

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
Kelly wrote:
I'm taking an introductory B&W darkroom class at my art

college, and we
mixed our three batches of chemicals last week:

developer, fixer, and Heico
Permawash. In pulling out the bottles from the locker

this week, I
discovered I'd labeled the fixer, but in the general

confusion of the school
darkroom had left blank tape on the two other brown

bottles. Is there any
way to pour out a small amount to determine which is

which? (The developer
is TMax developer, if that makes a difference.) Or do I

need to go through
teh development process with a small piece of test film

to see if things
work?

Thank you in advance!

With the lights on, put a piece of scrap B&W film in each.

The one in
the one that turns black is in the developer, and the one

in the
PermaWash will stay pretty much the same.

--
.~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User

85642.
/V\ Registered Machine

73926.
^^-^^ 4:55pm up 45 days, 4:17, 2 users, load average:

2.16, 2.20, 2.17

The Permawash will clear the anti-halation dye so the film
will look different but won't blacken it.

--
---
Richard Knoppow