Old August 29th 13, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nora

On 2013-08-29 11:22:15 -0700, Tony Cooper said:

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:18:40 -0700, Savageduck

On 2013-08-29 09:06:40 -0700, Tony Cooper said:

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:57:55 +0200, Sandman wrote:

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

It is not unfair when the Swedish person starts criticizing usage of
American English, especially the spelling of artificial words. Please
don't start that one again.

Peter, please, when did I *criticize* the *spelling* of "artificial
words"? I expect a link to this critique in your followup or admission
of making an incorrect claim. Failing both makes you a liar, just so you
know.

furgedaboudit.
I am too lazy to find the ink, where you "corrected" my spelling.

So you admit to having made an incorrect claim then. Good.

That is not a factual statement. You are too bright to have forgotten
your posting. As I said, it is not worth my tim to go back,mor reply
further to your provocations

*my* provocations, Peter? Are you not the one that posted *about me* in
response to another poster, making incorrect claims?

And you say that *I* provoke *YOU*? The mind boggles.

You claimed that I had criticized the spelling of an "artificial word",
and you have openly admitted that you will not support that claim, yet
claim you won't admit to it being in error - which makes you a liar.
I.e. you have made a statement that you know you can not support.

Stop making such statements, Peter. I will call you on them every time,
especially when they're about me.

At 10:50 AM on 2013/08/13, PeterN wrote:

"So as far as further discussions along this line:
furgedaboudit. Believe it or not, that is real word in some parts of
New York."

At 1:00 PM on 2013/08/13, "Sandman" wrote:

"No it isn't. It's slang, and written as "fuggedaboudit", so you
couldn't even get that right. Slang expressions aren't "real words".
The very definition of slang is that it consists of non-standard and
informal words and terms, and referencing slang as a valid definition
of "pejorative" is beyond laughable."

So, this exchange establishes that a) Peter spelled it
"furgedaboudit", and b) Jonas criticized the spelling.

I was just about to make a similar response. I recall that little
exchange quite well.

Who's the liar now?

Slang words are, of course, "real words". If it exists, it's real.
When we use slang, we are using words that exist.

The term in question, though, falls in a gray area. It's not a real
word, not a non-standard word, not an informal word, and not a slang
term. It a representation of several words joined together as one
phrase as some people pronounce them. Since it is pronounced
differently by different people, there is no "correct" way to spell it
or "incorrect" way to spell it. Jonas' version is just one way to
pronounce the group of words mashed together.

Some people in Brooklyn, where the term is frequently used, have their
own version of "correct", and it is not the same as either Peter's or
Jonas':

http://www.brooklyn.com/faqanswer-102.html

I invite Jonas to show us a sign where the Malmö spelling is used, and
that his version is that version.

Jonas protects himself from correction of his blatant
misrepresentations by killfiling those who can and do correct him, but
it's a patently sad way to cover up.

Since you are not in Jonas' killfile, and he may have read this post,
he's now aware that he has falsely stated that Peter is liar.

I look forward to the retraction and abject apology that Jonas will
soon post. Unless, of course, he pretends not have seen this or
attempts to weasel and claim that "you couldn't even get that right"
is not a spelling correction.

Bets, anyone?

I have a feeling that this little repost is just going to be ignored.

Savageduck