Old August 20th 13, 12:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Nora

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 07:23:17 +0200, Sandman wrote:

In article ,
Robert Coe wrote:

: Jonas, you're digging yourself a hole! Sid is letting you have it (with
: impeccable grammatical precision) in a recognizably non-RP British dialect.
: (Think Landsmål vs Rijksmål, I don't know whether there's an equivalent
: distinction in Svensk.)
:
: Warning: When Bret Douglas comes on next April 1 with his annual anti-Canon
: screed and promise to switch to Nikon, take a good, thoughtful look at the
: calendar before you respond. :^)

Sorry, I guess it was Dave who was ribbing you. Sid, like me, was trying to
help you see the light.

Well, it seems those that claim themselves to be English "experts" in
this group fail to provide much in the term of support for their claims.

As I've said, I have no problem admitting to missing a cultural
reference. That happens. Even so, with such a reference in mind, the
sentence was still riddled with grammatical and structural errors that
the fine people rushing headlong to support good old drunk Dave is
failing to account for

.... *are* failing to account for. 'Fine people' are plural and 'is' is
singular.

Somebody tell him. :-(

Eric Stevens