Old August 20th 13, 09:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nora

On 2013-08-20 01:05:56 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

Darn! You really don't get it.
The bad grammar is the joke.

Just repeating that claim doesn't make it come true. You would have an
easier time convincing me that his mixing of tense, missing punctuation
and missing capitalisation is part of the cultural reference if you
could show that the cultural reference always or often does this. The
only person in this group that has even spoke of this being a cultural
reference is Pensive Hamster, and he didn't mix tense in his reference
of it, curiously enough.

I'd be amazed if you could show this though, since Google seems
blissfully unaware of this supposed cultural reference. But I admit to
the *possibility* of it being a cultural reference. I'd be happy if
someone could find some form of reference to it though.

No? Figures.

which is where the Queen reference came in -
even though he messed up the grammar in that sentence as a result

He meant to mess up the grammar. That was the deliberate injection of
humor you refuse to accept.

And you refuse to support. Stop making claims you refuse to support.

WTF are you talking about? There is nothing to support. You fail to see
the joke, which is somehow lost in translation.
You are the one who has missed poor, drunken Dave's perfectly
understandable bit of humor. Everybody else in this room seems to have
understood the joke. That should tell you something.

BTW: Here is a variation of the joke.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...-queen/n12944/

Savageduck