Old December 28th 11, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro query

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:21:05 +0000, Michael J Davis
wrote:

Please forgive x-posting; but not sure where to ask this. (And yes, I
have tried Google - all I can find are sale offers!)

Nearly two years ago I purchased Datacolor's Spyder 3Pro CMS. I run it
on a Dell Dimension 3100 WinXP Pro with a Viewsonic VP201s monitor. It
all works for me.

Now for the problem/query.

For our photo club I have installed a British program called DiCentra.
This enables me to compile photo-competitions and then run them on the
club's machine and projector. (It works brilliantly, and I recommend it:
http://www.wilburimaging.com/wisoftware/services.htm )

However it has its own colour management system; and so when I've run it
on my computer and exit it, it fails to replace the Spyder profile. So I
have to enter the task list and switch calibration Off, and then On
again.

Not a big deal, but I decided to try to check where the calibrated
driver is kept. And I can't find it!! I stored the calibration set,
named: VP201s_20101023 with Spyder software but I cannot find it stored
anywhere on my computer (I've even been through hidden files dated with
the last calibration date)!

Where is the Spyder calibration data stored on my computer, please?

I don't have an XP machine any longer to even check and it will
probably be a function of the SW used that came with the Spyder.
Two quick options come to mind.

1. e-mail or otherwise contact tech support and ask your question.
2. rerun the program and see where it wants to store the profile.