Old December 1st 05, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Crop factor and lens resolution

Steve Franklin wrote:

Don't worry about this guy Erick...he's just an asshole. Your questions are
reasonable, the way you asked perfectly polite.

Franklin, are you acting as stupid as this Erick is acting, or is your
stupidity for real?

I've met a few wealthy people. I doubt any of them (but one) even knew
that USENET exists. And none of them struck me as the sort who thinks
it is wise to ask random strangers how to spend large amounts of money
on what appears to be a whim. Rich people are rich for a reason:
either they are smart enough to do their research on their own, or they
know someone they trust who can help them.

But who knows: maybe this Erick won a lottery instead of earning the
multiple kilobucks that are apparently burning a hole in his pocket,
and hasn't figured this sort of thing out yet. It certainly would
explain why he asks a question -- that he claims not to ask -- that is
equivalent to asking if tearing a map in half somehow changes it's
scale. Or opening a window wider changes the resolution of the view
outside. If you believe these are reasonable, then that weird
dripping sound you hear are the last of your brains slopping onto the
floor.

This guy thinks he's intellectually superior to everyone when well...as we say in
Australia...he's just a ******..

Evidence in hand strongly suggests "Erick" isn't completely on the
up-and-up. Feel free to deny the evidence -- is 'IGNORANCE IS
STRENGTH' the Austrailian slogan? -- but I've tried the experiment many
times, and I can report the results: being polite to intellectual
dishonesty achieves a big fat zero. And defending a troll is just
plain dumb. Why do it?