Old December 1st 05, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Crop factor and lens resolution

Sorry if I have some difficulties to understand what apparently is
self-explanatory for you.
I am not an expert in digital slr and lenses...it happens..... and it could
be that I have enough money to buy high end digital equipment but the
question is not there!
I don't ask if the crop factor changes resolution.
I know that 200D and 5D together with top class tele will give the very best
results. Forget about that last question...

I try again in another way:
I don't know if a small 8 megapixel sensor (20D) pick up the max of a top
telelens or if a Full Frame12 megapixel (5D) will show more details.
Is this question so stupid? What is the limiting factor for giving maximum
amount of details? The lens, the sensor size or the sensor resolution?

There must be an ideal combination I presume.

Do you understand my concerns?

thanks

Erick

PS. I am frenchspeaking, so, what does "Erick trolls" mean?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Erick apparently trolls:

[does the crop factor change resolution]

Take a resolution chart and cut it in half. What do you think: have
you changed the resolution?

What will be the best buy for widelife photography: EOS5D with Canon

400mm
or NIKON 200D with Nikon 400mm
10 megapixel + 1.5x or 12 megapixel FF

Your questions, if honest, suggest you wouldn't be able to tell the
difference at this point, even if the answer was available (few people
have more than one set of high-end gear, and really, at this level, one
is almost picking at nits resolution). So why not flip a coin?
It's gonna be many kilobucks either way.