Old March 27th 04, 07:00 AM
zeitgeist

Default Fuji S2 and flash

Hi, I am a new digital photographer, I use to work whit film for my
weddings and I have just started to use the Fuji S2 Pro, I like the
color and the image when I'm at my studio, but when I'm at a wedding,
whit my Metz 44 MZ-2 flash, the pictures are not as nice, they got a
los of contrast and hot spots, can someone share some info about
digital photography and flash?

see some images about this in my site
http://www.davidjosue.com/

and thanks for your patience with my english.

nice photos, you ain't doing to bad.

for your portraiture I see you use a lot of natural light, and studio flash
modified with softboxes etc. At wedding you use a small 2 or 3 inch light
source.

possible answers are.

set up slaved flash, this can be either a key light to give a one stop
brighter light from the side (which strangely enough is referred to as a 3:1
ratio) and/or some flash heads to bounce off the ceiling to raise the
ambient light level of the room.

Set your flash to one stop under the ambient or available room light level
so you just have a fill light, or set to give you only one stop over so the
faces are brightly if harshly lighted but not so starkly bright with a black
background (this can also be combined with the slaved key light, something I
usually do.)

bounce your flash, I usually aim mine at a sidewall, if your flash is one of
those big 'potato mashers' as we call them, I've heard of hammer heads too,
then you should have enough power to give you a good f/stop in the middle, I
usually shoot near wide open.

There is lots of discussion of wedding photo imagery and flash usage at
weddings in the z-prophoto mailing list at yahoogroups.com