Old December 16th 04, 08:12 PM
Tom Phillips

Gregory Blank wrote:

Can one patent an idea without having a prototype
or a specific method for producing the idea as
a manifest item. I have a great idea probably worth
millions but I don't know electronics or phone
technology.

I think you have to provide specifics when you
apply for a patent. IOW I don't think you can
say "a new method of telephone communication is
my idea" but not have a basic adaptation, i.e.,
an invention of some sort.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918