Old December 16th 04, 11:06 PM
Anna Nimotti

Gregory Blank wrote:

Can one patent an idea without having a prototype
or a specific method for producing the idea as
a manifest item. I have a great idea probably worth
millions but I don't know electronics or phone
technology.

You need advice from a patent agent.

Depending on your jurisdiction, you can probably file a patent
application without having built a prototype, but you will have to, in
due course, supply evidence that a working example of your invention has
existed somewhere, sometime. It is quite acceptable to hire skilled
persons to build a prototype for you without compromising on your
inventorship rights so long as they are following your instructions and
using their own pre-existing skills (the "prior art").

Whatever you do, do not disclose your invention to anyone until you have
taken advice form a patent agent/attorney.

--
a n n @ n i m o t t i . p o r t 5 . c o m