Old October 15th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,24hoursupport.helpdesk
OG

Default editing photos and given the run-around

"Tony in Oz" wrote in message

I may be just extremely /un/lucky, but totally depending on a HD
is just stupid.

I tend to agree. I lost a heap of photos that were backed up on an
external HD, when it was accidently dropped from a footstool onto a
carpeted floor while reading from it. Yes, stupid place to put it,
specially with kids running around, but if a CD or DVD dropped from thete,
I would still have my pictures. Statistically, because of its nature, 100%
of HD s WILL fail at some point in time. Cheers

A back up is what you have when you have 2 copies of each photo - one on
your main storage and one on another storage device.

If your photos were only on your external HDD then you did not have a 'back
up'