Old January 17th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd
redflag

Default which out of these two cables/ports is best for my miniDV camcorder?

Bert Hyman wrote:
(vj) wrote in
:

I have a Sony MiniDV handycam model DCR HC 18. I understand that
using Firewire connection to transfer video to PC (and subsequently
for burning DVD out of it) provides a better quality as compared to
USB.

Firewire might be faster than USB, but why would it provide better
quality video?

Bits is bits, after all.

But stationary bits are not the same as bits in motion.

Bits transferred in large quantities [packets, I believe
is the term] keep their "original" shape better the faster
they are moved en bloc.

Digital images captured in color pose the greatest
technological challenge to program and hardware
designers.