Old September 1st 15, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Windows 10 Experience

rOn Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:20:19 -0700, Bill W
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:10:08 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have an OKI C5600 printer on my home network. The two computers
which connect to it run Windows 10 and XP. The most uptodate driver
available for the printer is Windows 8.1. It's printing of Windows 10
but won't accept anything from XP. I suspect the problem is a clash of
network security policies but so far I haven't been able to find any
user interface for this in W10. Frustrating.

Is the XP computer looking for the wrong printer IP address, because
it changed?

XP can find it, it can print to it, but it's rejected with a print
error. Maybe the new 8.1 driver is the problem, even though it's
supposed to compatible with XP. I'm too busy running in other circles
to find out right now.

Eric Stevens