Old July 24th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
jeremy

Default Velvia 50

"Toni Nikkanen" wrote in message
Toni Nikkanen writes:

I contacted Fuji Finland and they told me Velvia 50 is coming back
between July and August for 135 format and in the beginning of
September for 120 format. Too late for my summer vacation pics,
but I'll manage

...and it seems the new Velvia 50 is priced higher than the old one
was, about the same price as the new Velvia 100. Oh well, I'll manage
somehow. I only shoot it during the summer, which is short in Finland
anyway

Ken Rockwell has already received his initial supply, in both 120 and 35mm,
and he says on his web site that it is every bit identical to the original
emulsion. The difference seems to be in the base, not the emulsion.

He has some comparison images: when you click the link, scroll down to see
the images:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm