Old January 16th 05, 01:47 AM
me

"Duncan J Murray"

wrote in message ...
wrote in message
ups.com...
Metering has nothing to do with. 'High-key' is not the treatment of the
subject matter; on the contrary, 'high-key' subject matter consists
mostly of light-toned objects. In other words, use an incident meter
and expose normally.
If you are talking about over-exposure, that is not 'high-key'.

Incident meter - I thought the zone system worked with a reflected light
meter - which is why you don't need to change the exposure in a highkey
scene (low contrast, high reflectance, I guess), if you're using an

incident
meter, but if you're using reflected light then I would have thought you
need to place the high reflectance and low contrast in the upper curve of
exposure to prevent it coming out at 18% grey on the film.

Duncan.

Yikes, that Gordian knot is tied tight!!! This photographer explains how to
use an incidence meter for high key fashion photography:
http://www.rangefindermag.com/Magazi...01/unravel.tml
Film best,
me