Old February 22nd 09, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Paul Arthur

Default Britain's horrific new photo law

On 2009-02-22, DRS wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

tony cooper wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:55:21 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote:

It seems that modern writers, even those with college degrees
subscribe to the theory that if it sounds the same, what's the
difference? Sigh.

You teach? Not English, I hope. The above paragraph is full of
punctuation errors. You need to brush up on the use of commas.

I usually use too many commas. Did you find it hard to understand?
Comma rules are a bit 'fuzzy', and greatly different than they were
55 years or so, when I learned English.

The rules on subordinate clauses haven't changed. For example, your
sentence cited above should read:

"It seems that modern writers, even those with college degrees,
subscribe to the theory that if it sounds the same what's the
difference?"

No, it should read 'It seams that modern righters, even those with
college degrees, subscribe to the theory "if it sounds the same,
what's the difference?"'

You added a missing comma and removed a necessary one. The original
sentence wasn't particularly unreadable, and writing for usenet
doesn't need to be taken as seriously as professional writing. An
occasional lapse in grammar or spelling is quite forgivable.