Old September 19th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

Default Should I buy a MAMIYA 7 II or use my Nikon D300

"LGLA" wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote:

In the end: what does the project require technically/what camera will
deliver that? For example, if you need to make prints up to 18"x12",
then the Nikon should suffice. But, you may wish to get a better lens.
And please, shoot off of a tripod with mirror lock up.

What about Genuine Fractals in Photoshop? Fine interpolation up to 1000%,
yes?

No. Interpolation does not create detail, it only presents the existing
detail in the best way.

FWIW, here's a comparison between detail captured by the Mamiya 7 + 65/4.0
and the Canon 5D failing to capture the same detail with a lens with the
same angle of view.

http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/102380922/original

--
David J. Littleboy