Old December 27th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
louise

Default flash too bright with digital cameras?

Chuck wrote:
A thought-- With my C8080, and an FL 36, it's obvious that the exposure
metering mode has a great deal to do with the success of flash exposure.
Do you know what metering mode is used? (such as spot or average)

"Steph" wrote in message
I frequently have to reduce the exposure setting by 1 or 1.5 stops,
especially with close-ups. The other alternative is to put a piece of

thin
white fabric over the flash to soften and diffuse it?

"louise" wrote in message
I have a Canon A520 and a Sony DSC H1. When shooting indoors, both

cameras
invariably shoot too bright - the flash is too much for the setting.

usually it's average - would you suggest trying spot?

Louise