Old January 18th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Digital Camera Repair

"Glenn Dulmage" wrote in message
I have a Canon Digital Rebel which I dropped and damaged the door to the
battery compartment. The camera works finem but I have to use it with a
rubber band holding the battery door closed.

Anyone have any ideas of a repair service (not Canon, I have tried them
and they are VERY expensive) that could do the repairs or perhaps take the
camera in exchange for another?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi.

I am not sure what the Battery Compartment door on a Rebel looks like.

I worked in reception for a Repairer, and snapped off battery doors were
very commonplace, so much so that we carried stocks for most of the Popular
Cameras. It was a 5 minute job to replace them, and most could be done by
just loosening the screws on the base, without any actual dismantling.

If you are in the UK, Jessops, or your local dealer will probably have an
arrangement with one of the independant repairers. They should be able to
get an estimate for your replacement door by phoning.

Roy G