Old July 12th 16, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

Default Apple holds Spotify users to ransom

On 7/11/2016 4:41 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/11/2016 2:19 PM, PAS wrote:
On 7/11/2016 1:28 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/11/2016 11:19 AM, PAS wrote:
On 7/9/2016 4:20 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I use a hot spot for my data. How much data did you use?
This should help:

http://gizmodo.com/how-much-data-doe...-eat-up-164946

6894
Thanks. As a quick calculation, about 1 G a day. Much better off
purchasing and additional tracks.
perhaps a bit too quick.

assuming a 160 kbit stream (good enough for listening in a car),
that's
~1 megabyte/min.

you'd need to be listening for ~1000 minutes per day to reach 1 gig,
which is nearly 17 hours of non-stop listening. i *highly* doubt
that's
the case.

even if you use a 320 kbit stream (and you won't notice the
difference
in a car), you'd still need to listen to around 8.5 hours per day to
reach a gig/day.

According to the link Bill provided, Pandora streams at 64 kbits. The
sound quality s pretty good to my ears and I can be fussy about that.
It's better than Sirius' sound quality.

Thanks,

I have to discuss this with Verizon.
As for sound quality, between the road noise and my hearing
deterioration, I cannot be as discriminating about sound as I used
to be.

I have an easy solution for road noise: turn it up! I like to listen
to my music loud, always have. It's no surprise that I have tinnitus,
fortunately it's not a bad case.

Some pieces must e loud, e.g. the 1812 overture, with others, you lose
the mid tone subtleties when you turn it up too loud. e.g. most
violin, flute & piano concertos.

I listen to R&R, loud is the only way to listen to it.