Old August 4th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default Tmax & D-76

"Richard Knoppow" wrote

The MSDS you have for Perceptol is an old one and in error. I wrote them
about the sodium bromide, its suppsed to be sodium chloride.

Ah, now that makes a lot more sense.

When Kodak announced the discontinuation of Microdol-X
I looked into Perceptol, came upon the erroneous MSDS
and promptly bought 10 bags of M-X.

I have tried the home-brew Microdol - D-23 with a 30 (?)
gm/l dollop of pure NaCl and it silvers badly when used
with TMax films.

If Perceptol works with TMax/Delta then it more than likely
has an anti-silvering agent in it.

Hmm, anti-silvering - anti-Ag'ing - Anti-Aging. I wonder
if one could sell the stuff on the back pages of the National
Enquirer. Proven Anti-Aging formula ... Might help all those
people poisoning themselves with colloidal silver.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm